17 May 2021
How do we take our awareness of the deep rooted connections between climate and racial justice and build anti-racism into the heart of our climate and environmental work? Join this series of workshops to build on the learnings from our webinar “Racial Justice is Climate Justice” and explore how to embed anti-racist practice into the way you organise and your campaigns.
Over the course of four weeks, we will:
- Consider what it takes to put into practice anti-racist behaviours and approaches in our organising.
- Dig into how we might bring fellow FoE activists into greater awareness of anti-racism and the connections between racial and climate justice.
- Start to design and deliver campaigns that embody anti-racism.
This workshop series will take place every Monday evening in June: 7 June, 14 June, 21 June and 28 June, between 6.30 and 8.30pm. We ask that you attend all four sessions to get the most out of this course.
There are limited spaces available for this programme, so we're asking those interested to email us some with some details (listed below) explaining why you’d like to attend. We're looking for people from across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to participate in this course, especially those who would like to bring what they learn back to their local Friends of the Earth group and/or Climate Action group.
Following this course, we'll be setting up Action Learning Sets so that participants can support each other to put the learnings from the course into practice. There'll be more information provided during the course.
If you're interested in joining the course, please email our Head of Campaign Activism David Heller on [email protected] with the following information:
- Your location
- If you're a member of a Friends of the Earth local group or Climate Action group
- Can you attend all dates for the course? (Mondays 7, 14, 21 and 28 June from 6:30pm to 8:30pm)
- Are there any needs you may have to join the call? (please list all accessibility needs)
- What is motivating you to apply for this course?
- What is your current experience of anti-racist climate work?
- What do you hope to do with what you learn on this course?
- Your background: gender, ethnicity, sexuality, disability and class. This information is to enable us to have a better idea of who is joining the course and to tailor the course to your needs. By filling in this information you agree to it being shared with the training facilitators from Organising for Change.